What is Sacroiliac joint disorder?
The sacro-iliac joints are located on the both sides of your lumbar spine.
The joints where the base of your spine (sacrum) and your pelvis (ilium) meets, they are called sacroiliac joints. The purpose of sacroiliac joints is to provide stability and absorb the impact when you walk or run. Inflammation can happen to sacroiliac joints and the inflammation can cause damage to your spine and cause lower back pain.
Symptoms of sacroiliac joint disorder
The main symptoms of sacroiliac joints disorder are:
- Lower back pain
- Pain around your buttocks, groin or back of your thigh(s).
- Pain sitting for prolong time
- Pain when climbing stairs
Causes of sacroiliac joint disorder
You have a higher risk of getting sacroiliac joint disorder if you are:
- Injury to your lower back
- Increased movement of the pelvis
- Running on uneven ground
- Lower limb length discrepancy
Treatment of sacroiliac joint disorder
There are a few treatment options available for sacroiliac joint disorder:
- Medicines to reduce your pain and inflammation
- Physiotherapy to help in strengthening of the pelvis muscle
- Anti-inflammatory injection to the sacroiliac joint.
Do not ignore your lower back pain, if you suspect you are suffering from sacroiliac joint disorder.
Call Now (65) 64712674 to check & treat your spine today.