Singapore Orthopaedic Surgeon introduces a state-of-the-art MRI scanner that has a wider opening, light-weight coils and other exciting advanced technology that improves your experience during the examination.
In addition to enhancing the experience, the Optima MR450w also provides our surgeon with excellent image quality and advanced tools to aid in their evaluation.
About Magnetic Resonance Imaging
An MRI scanner uses a powerful magnet and radio waves linked to a computer to create remarkably clear and detailed images of the body. MR imaging uses no ionising radiation, which is the radiation used in x-ray and CT machines.
MRI can be used to view, monitor, or diagnose disease abnormalities in many different regions of the body.
Benefits of Using A Wide-bore MRI
- A wider opening and a shorter magnet makes the procedure more comfortable for you, especially children, those with claustrophobia and larger individuals
- An exclusive optical RF system increases signal clarity and maxmises signal intensity for clean, crisp images, which leads to more accurate diagnosis and less ambiguity
- Advanced functionality gives the radiologists the tools they need to make definitive diagnosis
- Exclusive ease-of-use features help make life easier for both patients and the technologists
- With a 50cm field of view, the technologists can cover more anatomy in fewer scans, leading to a shorter examination time
Musculoskeletal MR Imaging
MRI of the musculoskeletal system is a very valuable for evaluating joints of the body including hips, wrists, and hands. It is useful for diagnosing back and neck pain and evaluating soft tissue found near and around bones. MRI is extensively used to diagnose sports-related injuries, as well as work-related disorders caused by repeated strain or trauma.
Preparation Before Your Examination
Do inform the technologist (the person performing the MRI) if you have any of the following condition prior to the scan:
- Cardiac pacemaker
- Coil, filter, stent in your blood vessel
- Orthopaedic hardware (e.g. plates, screws, etc.)