- If you have an mild pain or swelling at the injection site, you may want to rest and keep an ice pack on your knee for 15 to 20 minutes, or as recommended by your doctor.
- Avoid putting a lot of strain on your knee – such as with jogging, heavy lifting, or prolonged standing – for 48 hours after the injection, or as recommended by your doctor.
How will I know When it is Time for Another Treatment with SYNVISC or Synvisc-One?
- Since there is no known cure for osteoarthritis of the knee, and it is a chronic condition that does not go away, it is important that you continue to see your doctor regularly
- Track your symptoms, and if you notice pain or stiffness returning, speak with your doctor about scheduling your next appointment
- Your doctor will decide if and when it’s appropriate to repeat treatment
- Repeat treatment with SYNVISC and Synvisc-One has been proven to be effective with a favourable safety profile.
Osteoarthritis is a chronic condition, and regular contact with your doctor can help you prevent pain from interrupting your daily activities.