Medisave is a national healthcare savings scheme. You can use Medisave to pay for your own and / your immediate family members’ hospitalisation stay.
What does Medisave cover?
Medisave covers hospitalisation expenses such as:
- Daily ward charges
- Doctor’s attendance fees
- Surgical procedure
- Inpatient charges for medical treatment, investigations, medicines, medical supplies and implants etc.
However, Medisave does not cover hospitalisation expenses such as:
- Non-treatment related charges such as companion stay charges, utility charges, telephone calls, charges for faxes etc
- Medical report fees, ambulance fees
- Hospitalisation stay of less than 8 hours
- Cosmetic surgery
- Outpatient consultation fees, tests and investigation (except for Approved Outpatient Treatments)
- Other expenditure on equipment, devices and appliances such as wheelchairs etc
Who can I use my Medisave for?
Medisave may be used for spouses, children, parents and grandparents (grandparents must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents)
Can I use Medisave for non-immediate family members?
Use of Medisave for non-immediate family members such as sibling, in laws, uncles/aunts and nephews/nieces may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, provided that the patient :
- Is a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Is staying in a B2 or C class ward
- Does not have a Medisave account
- Has immediate family members who do not have enough Medisave funds and cannot afford to pay the hospital bill
- Is a dependant of the Medisave account holder
What are the Medisave withdrawal limits?
Medisave is subject to a withdrawal limit of $450 per day for charges to hospitalisation cases and $300 for day surgery. In addition, there is a separate claim limit for surgical procedures ranging from $250 to $7,550 depending on the type of surgery.
How does the hospital deduct the funds from Medisave account?
Upon discharge, the hospital submits a claim of the hospital bill to the CPF Board for deductions from Medisave account. Upon finalisation of the claim, a copy of the hospital bill will be mailed to you. The bill will show the amount deducted from Medisave account and the outstanding amount to be settled by you (if any)
You will need to sign a Medisave Authorisation Form to authorise the CPF Board to use your Medisave account to pay the hospital bill.